Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fokker D.VII Done Three Ways

Who's a Pretty Bird?

It has been dismal weather, dark, dank and downright raw. The wind is howling and I needed something to lift my spirits. Nothing works like a bit of color to brighten one's day. Here are a few of my newer profiles for the Fokker D.VII. I know I have posted the history of the aircraft so I will spare you the canned history.

Fokker D.VII - Jasta 16b - 1918
Fokker D.VII - Jasta 16b - 1918

I found the reference for this profile the other day. It was a profile sheet for decal placement by Lifelike Decals Limited Edition. I love checkerboard flashes and Bavarian checks best of all. I am glad it is a simple process to warp standard checks into the blue and white pattern that looks so good on an aircraft. It was a scheme I had to do, so after finishing the Flea, I began digging in and got busy. The lozenge pattern may not be completely accurate, but it was fun.

Fokker D.VII - Jasta 18 - 1918
Fokker D.VII - Jasta 18 - 1918

I did this profile about a week ago. I have been on a roll working up aircraft flown by Jasta 18. The red white and black markings are appealing to me.

Fokker D.VII Oblt. Erich Lowenhardt - Jasta 10 - 1918
Fokker D.VII Oblt. Erich Lowenhardt - Jasta 10 - 1918

I have been in taking a short break from new profile subjects and have begun fleshing out multiple schemes for the more well known planes. I picked this particular D.VII because it was a quick profile to make, and who can resist a big friendly looking yellow bird. I don't know about you, but I have always had a need to make a cheery bright yellow airplane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent stuff, thanks

Unknown said...

Thanks, I need to post more of the Fokker D.VII profiles I have been doing.