Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Morane-Saulnier A1 part 2

Morane-Saulnier A1 in Other Countries.

Here are a couple more Morane-Saulnier A.1 monoplanes. I wish I could find more examples to give a wider view of this plane. My Morane-Saulnier mania has moved on to the Type N "Bullet". I have finished my new master file and added a lot more detail than in the old lost version. My next post will share some of the new crop of illustrations I finished today.

This is one of three Morane-Saulnier A.1 which were given to the Belgian Air Force by France. The paint scheme is the standard five color French pattern. As with French aircraft there are no fuselage roundels. The wing had roundels top and bottom surfaces. The white thistle flower is a unit marking. The Morane-Saulnier logo was moved from the cowling to the tail fin. The identification markings on the rudder are in white.


In 1921 France sent several A.1 to Poland to help fill the ranks of the fledgling Polish Air Force. I have seen other profiles but the only one I have found which is verified is this example. Nearly the entire aircraft is painted in a uniform olive drab with silver or gray under surfaces. Once again national insignias are displayed on both the top and lower wing surfaces. The markings are a simple version of the tail insignia except there is no border on them. The white 21 is an aircraft identifier and not a unit designator. The Morane-Saulnier logo has been over-painted.


2 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

My comment on the last post was meant for this post, apologies.

Unknown said...

No worries, no apologies needed. Thanks for your earlier comment. If toy do something long enough either you get better at it, or end up in a padded room, or both.

Cheers Mate